Aleut - A CSS strategy for teams
Half-day workshop - in English
When working with HTML and CSS, it’s all too common to discover that your code has become an unmaintainable beast with little or no reuse value. The CSS quickly become unstructured and every new problem is solved at the bottom of the CSS-file. In this workshop we’ll be talking about SCSS structure with BEM and a new CSS-framework called Aleut, and how this can help you create a cohesive library of reusable modules. You will be working hands on with creating modules and learn about how these modules can be used as a design tool.
In this workshop you are going to learn
- How to structure your SCSS so that you and your team have more control
- How to avoid the specificity-monster in CSS
- How to work with modules in your design and how this makes development and prototyping easier
- How to normalize the design and challenge the designs we are coding.
- professional designers
- anyone that wants to better understand responsive design
- teams working with CSS
- You should at least be familiar with some basics of responsive design, HTML5 and SCSS.
What to bring
- Your laptop with your favorite text editor
Primarily for: Developers, Architects, UX specialists, Designers
Participant requirements: Their laptop.